This Policy was last updated on: May 22, 2023
MDS of Michigan, Inc. (“MDS”, “we” or “us”) provides quality mechanical, electrical, and rubber power transmission products and solutions to our customers.
Residents of certain countries have a number of specific rights and choices relating to their privacy. See the Supplemental Privacy Notice below for further information.
Information We Collect
In general, you can visit this Site without identifying who you are or revealing any information about yourself. However, we collect information from you when you use our Services and interact with our Site.
Information collected online can generally be categorized as anonymous or personally identifiable. “Anonymous Information” is information that cannot be connected to the identity of a specific individual. An example of Anonymous Information is the fact that, while this Site may record the number of visits to a particular page that occur in a given period of time, it does not necessarily tell us the names or other identifying information of every visitor. Personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) is information that specifically identifies a particular user, such as their name, address, or phone number.
Many users of this Site will choose not to provide any Personal Information; therefore, those individuals are anonymous to us, and any data collected about their use of this Site is Anonymous Information. Other users may provide information Personal Information to us, for example, to place an order to the Site, and in doing so may provide information relating to their purchase transaction, including the following:
- Their identity data (such as their name, telephone number, email address, mailing
- Their professional or employment-related data (such as their company name, job title,
and company contact information); and
- Their financial data (such as billing address, payment card details, account numbers, and
Some users may further create a user account to simplify future purchase transactions, and so we collect information related to that account, such as their username and password. We also collect internet and other electronic network data and information regarding how users navigate our site, which is described in more detail in the next section.
How We Collect Information
We collect information in the following ways:
- Volunteered Information. When you contact us through the Site, create a customer account, purchase some of our products, or communicate with us in any other way, you are voluntarily releasing information to us, some or all of which may be Personal Information.
- Information from Third Parties. We may also obtain Personal Information about you from our affiliates or third parties, such as partners with whom we offer mixed/joint services, our service providers, advertisers, social networks (when you grant us permission to access your data on one or more networks), or publicly available sources and data providers.
How We Use Information We Collect
We use information we collect about Site visitors to help us operate the Site, to provide services and products that you have requested, to complete transactions requested by you, to respond to your inquiries, and for our own marketing purposes, which include tailoring the marketing you see to better match your interests. If you provide your contact information to us, you agree that we may contact you with information regarding our services, including but not limited to newsletters, advertisements and other marketing materials. We may also use the information to provide you with certain communication, such as service announcements and administrative messages. We also use information we collect to monitor and analyze data trends and usage. We also use your Personal Information to investigate and help prevent security incidents, to enforce our rights, and to otherwise comply with applicable law.
We work with digital advertising and marketing companies to provide you with ads that align with your interests and to enhance your experience with us. These ads may be displayed on websites or applications operated by us or by third parties, and they may be based on information about your activities and preferences collected by us or by third parties. We may combine information we collect from your devices with other information we have about you, such as your customer account information and your interaction with the Site, to provide you with a consistent shopping experience. Certain coalitions of advertisers have created guidance for online advertisers and provided a mechanism for such advertisers to comply with users’ choices regarding interest based ads by allowing consumers to opt out of receiving interest-based advertising from members of the coalitions. You may use these links to opt out of receiving interest-based advertising from members of these coalitions:
You will need to exercise these opt outs on each browser on each device for which you wish to opt out of interest-based advertising.
How We Share Information
We may also share your Personal Information with third parties who use it for their own purposes if you provide consent. Subject to applicable law, and as we deem appropriate, we may also share or disclose your Anonymous Information, public information, and aggregated information that is not reasonably linkable to you or your device with third parties.
We may be legally required to disclose or share your Personal Information without your consent in some circumstances, for example, to comply with a court order or law enforcement. We may also share your Personal Information when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or property, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government agency, law enforcement, judicial or public authority, or other legal request, or to comply with the law.
Links to External Websites; Plugins
We do not knowingly collect information from children under 18 years of age. We will only use or disclose Personal Information about a child to the extent permitted by law, to seek parental consent pursuant to local law and regulations or to protect a child.
We take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of Personal Information, and our systems are protected by industry standard firewall and password protection. We require third parties we contract with to support our business operations to employ reasonable security measures as well. We do not, however, guarantee that unauthorized, inadvertent disclosure will never occur, as we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with data breaches due to system failures, unauthorized access by third parties, or mistakes.
Your Personal Information is stored on servers that are operated and maintained by third parties under contract with us. We retain this information for the duration of your business relationship with us, and for a period of time thereafter to analyze the information for our own operations, and for historical and archiving purposes. We periodically delete web visitor data but retain marketing information and purchase history indefinitely. We will honor customers’ requests to delete data, though we do reserve the right to retain certain data where we are permitted to do so by applicable law (for example, data relating to transactions processed on your behalf).
delete your Personal Information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You agree that we may contact you via email to notify you of updates, changes, and notifications required by applicable law.
Supplemental Privacy Notice for European Economic Area and United Kingdom Residents
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area or the United Kingdom, you may have specific rights regarding your Personal Information, including:
- The right to know what personal information we collect and with whom we share your Personal Information. You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information, including the categories of Personal Information we collected about you, our business or commercial purpose for collecting that Personal Information, and the specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you. You have the right to request the categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information.
- The right of access and portability. You have the right to request a copy of the Personal Information we have collected from you, and under certain circumstances to receive a copy of the Personal Information in a structured, commonly used, and machine readable format, and the right to transmit the Personal Information to another controller without hinderance, where the processing is carried out by automated means.
- The right to deletion. You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information we collected from you, subject to certain exceptions. For example, your right to request the deletion of Personal Information does not apply where we need to retain the Information to provide goods or services to you, to comply with the law, to detect or resolve security or functionality-related issues, to conduct research in the public interest, to safeguard the right to free speech, or to carry out actions for internal purposes that you might reasonably expect.
- The right to correct inaccurate personal information. You have the right to request that we correct inaccurate Personal Information, subject to certain exceptions. We may delete the contested Personal Information as an alternative to correcting it where doing so would not negatively impact you, or where you consent to the deletion.
- The right to revoke consent. If you have provided consent for the processing of your Personal Information, you have the right (under certain circumstances) to withdraw your consent at any time, which will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent was withdrawn. In certain cases, we may continue to process your information after you have withdrawn consent if we have a legal basis to do so or if your withdrawal of consent was limited to certain processing activities. For example, we may keep processing information if we need to do so to comply with a legal obligation.